Working from home part 2
However all is not lost, with our working from home series you can gather some great tips to help you make the most of the working from home experience.
- Set your intent at the beginning of the day and set the time blocks you think you’ll need for each intention.
- Eat the frog first! ie: Schedule the boring, least favoured tasks first and just sit down and do them before you do anything else that day. This increases productivity as the worst tasks are done, setting a sense of achievement and relief for the day.
- Set your snacks up. I keep my snack box for the day in my home office with me so that I’m not tempted to procrastinate by going to the kitchen too often.
- water water water. Nothing can function without water so keep a glass next to you. I use litre water bottle and aim to finish one in the am, one in the pm and a few extra glasses with lunch and dinner to stay super hydrated which helps brain function in particular.
Working from home often sounds like a great gig right?!
No travel time
Make coffee when you want
Set your own office temp etc. You’ll get sooo much done! But wow oh wow the realities are often soo much different.
The realities are often
- Getting little done
- Finding distractions
- Running out of coffee! (a nightmare for me lol)
- Having the kids constantly shouting your name
- having the dog constantly wanting walks
- Having family members ringing because they forget you’re actually supposed to be working at home.
The list goes on and on. Re open the offices quick!